Space in the Community
Inspire students. Enable teachers. Propel your community.
DEVELOP Lifelong STEM Learners • GROW your Organic Workforce
STRENGTHEN Your Community
Through lasting community partnerships, the Space Foundation's Space in the Community program is designed to help your community develop PreK through 12 students who become lifelong STEM learners, to grow a community's organic workforce, and to strengthen economic development. We do that by inspiring students with hands-on activities, enabling teachers through professional development, and propelling your community through special events.
Select from a Variety of On-site and Virtual Programs - Just Right for You!
Discover how space can bring your community together and inspire tomorrow's explorers:
- Audience with an Astronaut™ Students hear from a former NASA astronaut about what it takes to be an explorer*
- Hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) focused classroom activities for students
- Space Across the Curriculum Professional development workshop for teachers
- Community Programs Special events and appearances for the community
- World-wide Programming Space in the Community can be conducted globally
- Marketing Assistance Templates provided to assist with promotion of events
*Other STEM professionals available upon request
Photo credit: Christian Murdock, Colorado Springs Gazette
We've brought space down to Earth for all to enjoy!
CALL FOR 2020-2021 PROGRAM PRICING.
1-719-576-8000 or 1-800-691-4000
Student and teacher programs are led by Space Foundation's award-winning educators who are all former classroom master teachers.
Space in the Community Sponsors:
- November 2021: Virtual SITC, Lockheed Martin
- November 2020: Virtual SITC, L3Harris
- May 2020: Virtual SITC, Lockheed Martin
- February 2020: Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tulsa Flight Night
- January 2020: Prince Georges County, MD, L3Harris
- December 2019: Colorado Springs, CO, L3Harris
- May 2019: Huntsville, Alabama, Lockheed Martin
- January 2019: Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tulsa Flight Night
- January 2019: Brevard County, Florida, Harris
- November 2018: Colorado Springs, Colorado, Harris
- February 2018: Colorado Springs, Colorado, Harris
- January 2018: Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tulsa Flight Night
- January 2017: Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tulsa Flight Night
- December 2016: Brevard County, Florida: Harris
- November 2016: Los Angeles Air Force Base, California, US Air Force STEM Outreach Program Office
- October 2016: Andersen Air Force Base, Naval Base Guam, US Air Force STEM Outreach Program Office
- May 2015: Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tulsa Flight Night
- February 2015: Erie, Colorado, St. Vrain Public Schools
Start Today to Build a Brighter Future!
For further information, call the Space Foundation at +1.719.576.8000 or +1.800.691.4000 or