The Junior Space Entrepreneur Program (JSEP) and Cadet Space Explorer Program (CSEP)
better prepares today’s youth to secure STEAM positions within aerospace companies while providing an immersive educational experience. Embark on a complete Mars mission encompassing all the challenges that come with sending astronauts to our neighboring planet and returning them safely to the Earth. Participants will utilize newly gained knowledge of Mars and the skills taught through the Space Foundation Space Commerce to develop their own business.
The Junior Space Entrepreneur Program (JSEP), a space education initiative of Space Foundation, received an Honorable Mention in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas Awards competition.
21st Century Essential Skills
Lifelong STEM Learning
In Space Foundation's Junior Space Entrepreneur Program (JSEP) high-school aged junior entrepreneurs learn how to get into the space industry by embarking on a complete Mars Mission, encompassing all the challenges that come with sending astronauts to our neighboring planet and returning them safely to the Earth. Participants then utilize newly gained knowledge of Mars and the skills taught through the Space Foundation Space Commerce Program to develop their own business!
The NEW Cadet Space Explorer Program (CSEP) immerses middle-school students into the fast-paced world of space technology and exploration. With highly engaging educational experiences a rising generation is invited to see themselves as innovative STEM contributors within the aerospace industry. Uncover the wonders and challenges of sending modern humanity to the moon through a complete Artemis themed mission. Cadets will use information they acquire throughout the program to develop their own CubeSat proposal and prototype fostering passion for crucial scientific research.
JSEP and CSEP Program Goals
Junior Entrepreneurship Goals
- Identify personality strengths and traits
- Improve collaboration skills and brainstorming techniques
- Identify and vetting problems for consumers
- Identify profitable business solutions
- Create a product or service for Public, Private, or Government use
- Create a marketable brand
- Identify your competition
- Learn financial structuring and legalities
- Construct a sustainable business model
- Create a marketing strategy for customers and investors
- Aerodynamic principles vital to space flight
- How to create fuel from water through electrolysis
- To calculate trajectory equations for flight planning
- Sustainable food and water production cycles
- Problem-solving skills and techniques
- Engineering principles for mechanical, and systems engineering
- To identify specific geology features and their importance
- To identify biological traits that support the evidence of life
- Programming and 3D designing skills
- The use and capabilities of robotic rovers
- The use of various space-based technologies
- The use and capabilities of drones in space operations