The Space Foundation's mission is to be the preeminent resource for space education, a trusted source of space information, and a provider of exceptional forums for the exchange of ideas.
One of our main methods for accomplishing our mission is to ensure that the media and the general public have access to up-to-date, accurate, credible and compelling information about space and the Space Foundation.
Reporters may contact us anytime at [email protected], +1.719.576.8000 or +1.800.691.4000
- Space Foundation Offers Virtual Program on Using Your Senses in Small Steps, Giant Leap: STEM Adventures for Little Space Explorers April 26, 2021Featuring Author Dr. José Morey Reading ‘Good Night Little Astronaut’ and Sensory Box Activity COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — April 26, 2021 — Space Foundation, a nonprofit advocate organization founded in 1983, today announced the latest virtual program of its Small Steps, Giant Leap: STEM Adventures for Little Space Explorers education series: Date: May 3, 9:00… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space Foundation Discovery Center Now Hosting Live Virtual Field Trips and Birthday Parties November 10, 2020The current pandemic we’re enduring has unfortunately led to a scarcity of school field trips and birthday parties. Although that’s out of necessity, it’s also a huge loss for today’s children as it deprives them of some of the most memorable and developmentally essential aspects of their young lives. To offset these deficiencies, Space Foundation… […]Andrew de Naray
- L3Harris Technologies to Fund Space Foundation Virtual STEM Education Program October 29, 2020First Virtual ‘Space in the Community’ Episodes to Offer STEM Lessons for Students and Educators, Beginning Nov. 9 Live episodes featuring former NASA astronaut Col. Paul Lockhart Webisodes to include STEM lesson plan tutorials for educators L3Harris engineer interviews to inspire students in STEM subjects COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Oct. 29, 2020 — In its… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space Foundation and U.S. Drone Soccer League to Host Limited-Time Exhibition Allowing Visitors to Play New Robotic Sport October 5, 2020Played using encased quadcopters, a full-contact robotic sport Inspires teamwork, sparks engineering and aerospace interests “Everyone who sees it immediately wants to play” says league cofounder Open to attendee participation Oct. 6–17, special competition on Oct. 17 COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Oct. 5, 2020 — What do you get when you combine the rapidly expanding… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space Foundation to Celebrate 20th Annual World Space Week with Lineup of Virtual and In-Person Events September 29, 2020Multiple daily events to begin Monday, Oct. 5, and extend through Oct. 10 Culminates with “Space Unites” live event featuring key space influencers Free space posters for every Discovery Center visitor during the week COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Sept. 29, 2020 — As many astronauts who have been to space can attest, seeing the Earth… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Calling All Student Artists for an Out-of-This-World Competition September 10, 2020Submission Period Now Open for Space Foundation’s 11th Annual International Student Art Contest 2021 contest theme is “How Space Technology Helps Improve Life on Earth” Student artists ages 3–18 are invited to enter Entries are due by noon Universal Time (12:00 UTC), on December 31, 2020 COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — September 10, 2020 — Space… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Stellar Back-to-School Resources Help Students, Teachers, and Parents Reach New Heights August 31, 2020Space Foundation offering “Digital Backpack” of Content, Tools, and Activities COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — August 31, 2020 — As school restarts, the Space Foundation is sharing new content, resources, and activities to help today’s students become tomorrow’s next great explorers, innovators, and entrepreneurs. With the need for schooling assistance during the pandemic, Space Foundation’s Discovery… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Apply Now to Become a Space Foundation Teacher Liaison July 1, 2020Deadline to apply is Sept. 30 Connect with other educators who use space themes in the classroom COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (July 1, 2020) — Do you have what it takes to be a Space Foundation Teacher Liaison? Started in 2004, this prestigious, internationally recognized program provides select educators from around the world with new skills,… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space Foundation Partners with Lt. Governor Primavera to Offer Free Webisode Instruction for Colorado Educators June 30, 2020DENVER, Colo. (June. 30, 2020) – Lt. Governor Dianne Primavera is partnering with the Space Foundation to provide 10 free instructional webisodes to Colorado educators this summer. The innovative curriculum developed by the Space Foundation education team utilizes Immersive Education, which puts students in real-world scenarios where they can see the connection to real-world jobs.… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space Foundation Discovery Center Starts Phased Reopening June 30 June 25, 2020COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June. 25, 2020) – Space Foundation, a 501(c)(3) global space advocate for 37 years, today announced the Space Foundation Discovery Center in Colorado Springs, Colo., a summer destination for guests of all ages, is set to reopen on Tuesday, June 30. The Discovery Center is following all local and state regulations to… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team