The Space Foundation's mission is to be the preeminent resource for space education, a trusted source of space information, and a provider of exceptional forums for the exchange of ideas.
One of our main methods for accomplishing our mission is to ensure that the media and the general public have access to up-to-date, accurate, credible and compelling information about space and the Space Foundation.
Reporters may contact us anytime at [email protected], +1.719.576.8000 or +1.800.691.4000
- Apply Now to Become a Space Foundation Teacher Liaison July 1, 2020Deadline to apply is Sept. 30 Connect with other educators who use space themes in the classroom COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (July 1, 2020) — Do you have what it takes to be a Space Foundation Teacher Liaison? Started in 2004, this prestigious, internationally recognized program provides select educators from around the world with new skills,… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space Foundation Partners with Lt. Governor Primavera to Offer Free Webisode Instruction for Colorado Educators June 30, 2020DENVER, Colo. (June. 30, 2020) – Lt. Governor Dianne Primavera is partnering with the Space Foundation to provide 10 free instructional webisodes to Colorado educators this summer. The innovative curriculum developed by the Space Foundation education team utilizes Immersive Education, which puts students in real-world scenarios where they can see the connection to real-world jobs.… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space Foundation Discovery Center Starts Phased Reopening June 30 June 25, 2020COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June. 25, 2020) – Space Foundation, a 501(c)(3) global space advocate for 37 years, today announced the Space Foundation Discovery Center in Colorado Springs, Colo., a summer destination for guests of all ages, is set to reopen on Tuesday, June 30. The Discovery Center is following all local and state regulations to… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Take Advantage Now of Space Foundation’s Free On-Demand STEM Webinar Series Funded by Lockheed Martin May 29, 2020The Space Foundation, with the support of Lockheed Martin, is offering a 15 series on-demand webinar event of space-inspired STEM activities and career pathway discussions geared toward middle and high school students that also benefits parents and teachers. The goal is to support the development of students to become lifelong STEM learners, to grow a… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space Foundation Junior Space Entrepreneur Program Wins Honorable Mention in Fast Company 2020 World Changing Ideas Awards April 28, 2020New York, April 28, 2020 — The winners of Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas Awards were announced today, honoring the businesses, policies, projects, and concepts that are actively engaged and deeply committed to flattening the curve when it comes to the climate crisis, social injustice, or economic inequality. The Junior Space Entrepreneur Program (JSEP),… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Volunteer Spotlight: Theron Berry April 11, 2020Once a month, the Space Foundation is highlighting the stellar volunteers who help us bring space to you! This month, we are featuring Space Foundation Discovery Center and Space Symposium volunteer, Theron Berry. Theron is a United States Air Force Captain serving as a deputy flight commander and instructor with the 42nd Combat Training Squadron at Peterson Air… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space Foundation Activates Alternate Worksites March 13, 2020“In response to the ongoing Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, the Space Foundation is limiting operations at its Colorado Springs Headquarters, effective the close of business, March 13th. For the next two weeks (March 14-March 29), the Space Foundation is activating alternative worksites for all of its team members. Normal operations are expected to resume on Monday, March… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- L3Harris Technologies to Fund Space Foundation STEM Programs at Six Prince George’s County Maryland Schools in January January 23, 2020COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Jan. 23, 2020) – Thanks to funding by L3Harris Technologies, the Space Foundation will present its Space in the Community (SITC) program at six Prince George’s County Public Schools (Maryland) Jan. 29 – 31. SITC is an immersive program for students, parents, teachers, and community members to reinforce the importance of science,… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Winners of the Space Foundation’s 10th Annual International Student Art Contest Announced January 21, 202025 winners selected from 58 countries 5,598 entries submitted Space Achievement Award winner is Chev Cedric from the Phillippines COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Jan 21, 2020) — The Space Foundation has announced the winners of its 10th Annual Space Foundation International Student Art Contest, co-sponsored by Earth Observing System. The 25 winners represent four U.S. states and 10… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space Foundation International Teacher Liaison Program Adds 39 Educators for 2020 December 2, 2019Includes six new international teachers from India, Mexico, and Puerto Rico Elite educator program promotes space-related STEM education Teachers will participate in the 36th Space Symposium COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (Dec. 3, 2019) — The Space Foundation has selected 39 outstanding educators to join its Teacher Liaison program in 2020, including six international applicants from India, Mexico,… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team