Homeschool Day: The Art of Space
All families with children in grades PreK through 12 are invited to attend the Space Foundation Discovery Center Homeschool Days. We offer educator-led Science On a Sphere® presentations and hands-on science activities linked to learning about space travel and the universe, but Homeschool Days are self-guided events designed for families to enjoy and learn together. Science On a Sphere® presentations will be held at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on Homeschool Days. Parents must remain with their children at all times.
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Space Foundation Discovery Center
Art has taken us to the depths of space. Through the imagination of artists, we have seen alien worlds, black holes, futuristic spaceships and the far side of the universe. Take an artistic journey with us as we spend a day making space art!
Homeschool Day activities include:
- Science On a Sphere® presentation: "Beautiful Worlds" - We'll explore the art and beauty of the worlds of our solar system, our own planet and beyond. This special presentation includes images from across the world and amazing visualizations of planets in the solar system and beyond.
- Space Chalk Art - All Day
- Space Spray Paint Art - 10:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m.
- Marble Planet Art - 11:30 a.m. & 2:00 p.m.
- Button Moon Collage - All Day