Homeschool Days: Space-The Final Frontier for Homeschooling
Learning Science Standards (Earth & Space Science; Physical Science, and Life Science) is better through the lens of SPACE!
Event Series:Homeschool Days
November 3 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm MDT
Admission:Nonmember - General Admission plus $5 materials fee per student. Passport Member - $5 materials fee per student.
Location:Space Foundation Discovery Center
Join the Discovery Center the first Wednesday of each month for our in-person Homeschool Days. Where we dedicate our entire facility to helping Homeschooling groups and families teach their kids Science Standards all year long.
One of the biggest challenges for Homeschooling families is how to effectively meet and teach Science Standards when the last time many adults performed a science experiment was when they were back in high school.
November 3rd is dedicated to demonstrating how Space (and the Space Foundation Discovery Center) are excellent for exciting interest in all the sciences:
- Earth & Space Science: No one gives a better Tour of the Solar System than we do on our Science On a Sphere®.
- Activity: Detailed Tour of the Solar System highlighting all the celestial bodies which make up our solar system.
- Physical Science: Once we know what’s ‘out there’ in space, it’s the Physical Sciences which teach us to understand it.
- Activity: States of Matter -Everything in the universe is made up of Matter and Energy, so learning about matter is a great place to begin!
- Life Science: We will explore how humans stay alive in space, as well as one of the greatest mysteries of humankind… Are we alone in the Universe?
- Activity: To understand what is “life,” and what that understanding means for humans place in the universe.
Please note, some activities are first come, first served due to limited capacity. Activities subject to change.
Passport Member Benefit – Complimentary Admission
Become a Passport Member: Discovery Center Passport