DEVELOP your STEM Pipeline • GROW your Organic Workforce • STRENGTHEN Your Community
Through lasting community partnerships, the Space Foundation's Space in the Community program is designed to help your community develop a Pre-K through 20 STEM pipeline, to grow a community's organic workforce, and to strengthen economic development. We do that by inspiring students with hands-on activities, enabling teachers through professional development, and propelling your community through special events.
Select from a Variety of On-site and Virtual Programs - Just Right for You!
Discover how space can bring your community together and inspire tomorrow's explorers:
- Audience with an Astronaut™ Students hear from an astronaut about what it takes to be an explorer*
- Hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) focused classroom activities for students
- Space Across the Curriculum Professional development workshop for teachers
- Community Programs Special events and appearances for the community
- New Generation Initiatives Designed for those 35 and under looking to advance their careers (additional fees apply)
- World-wide Programming Space in the Community can be conducted globally
- Marketing Assistance Templates provided to assist with promotion of events
*Other STEM professionals available upon request
Simply select from a variety of on-site and virtual programs - one just right for you!
|Programs||Program I||Program II||Program III||Program IV||Program V||Program VI|
|Length of Program||6 Days||6 Days||3 Days||3 Days||11/2-2 Days||2 Hours|
|Audience with an Astronaut™|
|What's Happening in Space|
|Student Hands-on STEM Activities|
|Space Across the Curriculum
Professional Development Workshop for Teachers
|New Generation Initiatives
Ask about details
|Virtual Audience with an Astronaut™|
|PRICE||$40,000 - $60,000*||$30,000 - $50,000*||$25,000 - $35,000*||$20,000 - $30,000*||$15,000 - $20,000*||$7,000 Per Session|
* Based on travel costs from Colorado Springs, Colorado USA.
Student and teacher programs are led by Space Foundation's award-winning educators who are all former classroom master teachers.
Space in the Community Sponsors:
- February, 2018: Colorado Springs, Colorado: Harris
- January, 2017: Tulsa, Oklahoma: Tulsa Flight Night
- December, 2016: Brevard County, Florida: Harris
- November, 2016: Los Angeles Air Force Base, California: US Air Force STEM Outreach Program Office
- October, 2016: Andersen Air Force Base, Naval Base Guam: US Air Force STEM Outreach Program Office
- May, 2015: Tulsa, Oklahoma: Tulsa Flight Night
- February, 2015: Erie, Colorado: St. Vrain Public Schools