The Space Foundation supports educators with a free, easy-to-use collection of national-standards-based, space-themed, hands-on lesson plans developed and tested by professional educators.
All lessons follow the same format and include:
- Whether the plan is an individual lesson or a unit
- Suggested grade levels
- Subject area and which national standards are met
- Complete lesson instructions
In addition, many also include:
- Detailed background information on how/why the plan was developed and/or how it can be used
- Associated vocabulary words
- Materials needed
- Extension suggestions
- Evaluation/assessment guidelines
The bank allows teachers to filter lessons based on a number of different criteria to make searching fast and easy. The lessons were designed by practicing teachers who received intensive training at the Space Foundation Space Across the Curriculum courses.