The Space Foundation's mission is to be the preeminent resource for space education, a trusted source of space information, and a provider of exceptional forums for the exchange of ideas.
One of our main methods for accomplishing our mission is to ensure that the media and the general public have access to up-to-date, accurate, credible and compelling information about space and the Space Foundation.
Reporters may contact us anytime at [email protected], +1.719.576.8000 or +1.800.691.4000
- Aerojet Rocketdyne Achieves Milestone on DARPA OpFires Program December 3, 2019HUNTSVILLE, Ala., Dec. 3, 2019 – Aerojet Rocketdyne has finished a series of subscale propulsion-system test firings as part of a Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) effort to develop a ground-launched hypersonic missile for tactical use. DARPA recently announced completion of the preliminary design review for its Operational Fires (OpFires) program, which is developing… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space Foundation International Teacher Liaison Program Adds 39 Educators for 2020 December 2, 2019Includes six new international teachers from India, Mexico, and Puerto Rico Elite educator program promotes space-related STEM education Teachers will participate in the 36th Space Symposium COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (Dec. 3, 2019) — The Space Foundation has selected 39 outstanding educators to join its Teacher Liaison program in 2020, including six international applicants from India, Mexico,… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space4U Podcast: Richard Green – Space Artist November 26, 2019In this episode: We meet Richard Green, an accomplished digital artist who brings his passion for aerospace and technology to life in his award-winning work. Over the course of three decades, he has created a portfolio that has inspired and awed with technically accurate illustrations and 3D models, as well as fantastic, futuristic 3D graphics, and… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- L3Harris Technologies to Fund Space Foundation STEM Programs at Six Colorado Springs Schools November 21, 2019COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Nov. 21, 2019) – Thanks to funding by L3Harris Technologies, the Space Foundation will present its Space in the Community (SITC) program at six Colorado Springs schools in December. SITC is an immersive program for students, parents, teachers, and community members to reinforce the importance of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Op-ed | Growth is great but innovation is the real investment November 21, 2019*This article originally appeared in the Nov. 11, 2019 issue of SpaceNews magazine. Nearly a decade ago, the space community was at a crossroads. With the end of the space shuttle era came the end of jobs and careers built upon U.S. access to space. Communities along Florida’s Space Coast, as well as Houston, Huntsville,… […]Shelli Brunswick
- Nominations Open for the New Generation National Security Scholarship Recognizing Former Space Foundation Board Chairman, Admiral James O. Ellis, Jr. November 21, 2019COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Nov. 21, 2019) – Upon completion of his term in 2017, the Space Foundation established a special scholarship recognizing former Board Chairman Admiral James O. Ellis, Jr.’s, commitment and support of New Generation leaders and Space Foundation programs. The scholarship, named the Admiral James O. Ellis, Jr., New Generation National Security Scholarship, is… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Washington, D.C., Weekly Space Activity Report November 19, 2019The Space Foundation’s Washington, D.C., team prepares this weekly report of space activity on the Hill. It is published on Mondays on the Space Foundation homepage. Space Industry Updates Nov. 5-6: At the Air Force Space Pitch Day, the Air Force awarded startup Launcher $1.5 million for E-2 rocket engine development and testing. Over the… […]Washington, D.C. Team
- SNC’s “Shooting Star” Arrives at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center November 19, 2019SPARKS, Nev. (November 19, 2019) – Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), the global aerospace and national security leader owned by Eren and Fatih Ozmen, delivered a test version of its Shooting Star cargo module to NASA’s Kennedy Space Center for testing ahead of its planned launch with SNC’s Dream Chaser® spacecraft in 2021. Shooting Star is… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Youngstown looks to jump aboard growing global space economy November 14, 2019*This piece was originally published by WFMJ And today officials say the global space economy is worth more than 400 billion dollars and predict that number to grow into the trillions over the next 20 years. It’s been more than 50 years since we put a man on the moon. And today, officials say the… […]Danielle Cotterman 21 WFMJ
- Senate Resolution Recognizes 35th Space Symposium May 1, 2019The General Assembly of the State of Colorado recently adopted Senate Resolution SJR19-008, Concerning the Recognition of the 35th Space Symposium and Celebrating the Premier International Space Policy and Program Forum. The Resolution was adopted by the General Assembly during its 2019 legislative session and reads as follows: SENATE JOINT RESOLUTION 19-008 2019 BY SENATOR(S) Lundeen, Gardner,… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team